Whether you live in a hot climate region, enjoy drag racing, or long high speed pulls on airstrips the 2015+ Subaru WRX Front Mount Intercooler will help keep your intake temps lower and maintain your FA20 WRX’s maximum power output no matter the conditions. The AMS Performance WRX Front Mount Intercooler features aluminum end tanks and a massive 28.5″ wide core that completely fills the front bumper opening for maximum airflow through the core. Every AMS intercooler is hand TIG welded for a perfect fit and pressure tested to ensure maximum performance and durability.
The highly efficient 4″ thick AMS intercooler core was chosen based on years of motorsports experience spent optimizing turbocharger systems. The AMS kit comes complete with 2.5″ intercooler piping, custom silicone couplers with OEM style BOV mounting, and hose clamps and hardware from the throttle body to compressor outlet to ensure a precise fit. There is also an optional bumper beam available for an OEM-like install if desired.
- 325% larger core area than the stock top mount
- Massive 28.5″ wide bar and plate core to completely fill the bumper
- All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested before boxing
- 10.25″ tall, 28.5″ wide and 4″ thick
- 2.5″ mandrel bent aluminum IC piping
- Recessed coupler connections for improved interior airflow
- Black AMS logo stencil
- Optional bumper beam has threaded attachment point for OEM tow hook
- Direct bolt-in for easy install and includes all necessary hardware
Increased Size for Maximum Cooling on your Subie
By adding to the thickness of the intercooler core you gain an extraordinary amount of added cooling by increasing efficiency. This is why our team chose a 4″ thick bar and plate core as the basis of our intercooler kit. The AMS intercooler core has an astounding 325% increase in volume over the stock intercooler! This allows for more contact with cool, dense air which allows for the most pavement shredding power output you can get for your WRX! Cooler intake charge air equals more horsepower!
Unparalleled Fitment Through Proper Engineering
The AMS Performance WRX FMIC was designed using Solidworks© 3D CAD software by our SnailWorks© Engineering Team to be the best performing on the market. Even the small details have been designed to smoothly feed air into the FA20 engine. Our Engineers have gone as far as to design the silicone with recessed joints to seamlessly transition the cold air between pipe connections. The attention to detail in the design of the new 2015+ WRX Front Mount Intercooler sets it apart from everything on the market.
Our SnailWorks© Engineering Team set out to make this intercooler upgrade not only the most effective on the market but simple to install. By using the included mounting hardware, the intercooler neatly bolts into place so you or your trusted mechanic can install it quickly and easily. With minor trimming, the front bumper opening can be made to show off the entire AMS intercooler to an even greater degree.
- 28.5″ wide, 10.25″ tall, and 4″ thick Air-to-Air Intercooler Core
- Black Powder Coated 2.5″ Intercooler Piping
- Silicone Couplers and Associated Hardware
- Bumper Beam (Optional)
- Online Installation Instructions
- 2015-Current Subaru WRX w/ FA20 2.0L Turbo Engine
- Slight trimming of bumper ducting and removal of factory bumper beam required