Competition Clutch’s new clutch kits for the Honda L15B7 include all components for installation to get your car back on the ground and ready to rock. The dimensions are upgraded from the OE 230mm assembly to 240mm to replicate the FK8 Type R clutch. The increased surface area provides a clutch with smoother engagement and higher torque-handling capacity — a minimum of 136-percent over the original equipment unit.
There are four Competition Clutch clutch kits available for this application so that you can get exactly what you need for your performance build. The pressure plate’s diaphragm fingers are heat-treated for increased clamping force — 60-percent higher than stock — consistent pedal feel, and a slight increase in clutch pedal pressure. Clutch kits and flywheels are proprietary to each other.
The Competition Clutch Street clutch kit (2100) features a 22-pound lightweight billet steel flywheel. This clutch holds up to 425 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, offers smooth engagement at low engine speeds, and provides improved shift speed and drivability in performance situations.
The Race clutch kit (2600) utilizes an ultralight 17-pound billet steel flywheel to improve engine acceleration under power and allow optimal shifting speeds. The Race clutch kit is rated to hold up to 500lb-ft of torque at the wheels, which is a 231-percent increase in holding power over the stock clutch.
2100 Series Stage 2 clutches employ an organic disc with steel-backed lining to provide increased burst strength and higher heat resistance. The 2600 Series Stage 3 clutches offer an 8-puck segmented ceramic disc to further improve heat resistance and ease of engagement under demanding conditions.
Upgraded Clutch and Flywheel kit from 230mm to 240mm, which replicates the FK8 Type R clutch size. The increased surface area ensures a smoother engaging clutch and higher torque capacity.
- Stage 2 2100 Series utilizes an organic disc with steel-back lining for increased burst strength and higher heat resistance - rated for 425 WTQ
- Stage 3 2600 Series utilizes an 8-Puck Segmented Ceramic Disc for higher heat resistance and ease of engagement - rated for 500 WTQ
- ST kits utilize a 22-pound lightweight billet steel flywheel
- STU kits utilize a 17-pound lightweight billet steel flywheel
- Pressure plate clamping force of 2400 pounds
- Heat-treated diaphragm fingers for increased clamping force, consistent and smooth pedal feel with a slight increase of clutch pedal pressure
- Includes Pressure plate, clutch disc flywheel, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, alignment tool, pressure plate bolts, crank bolts, and Loctite