COMING Early 2022!
Flywheels are ready, just waiting on the bolts and orders will start shipping out!
Looking for a factory feeling clutch that can hold real power? Check out the RV6 1.5T FK8 Clutch Retro Flywheel. This flywheel allows you to run a 17+ Civic Type R (FK8) clutch disc and pressure plate in your 1.5T Si or any 1.5T manual equipped car. With factory FK8 clutches holding over 400FT/LB of torque and available at any dealer. This is a great option for those that want upgrade without a leg workout. This flywheel also allows you to run the plethora of upgraded aftermarket FK8 clutches and pressure plates for those looking to push the limits.
Is it lightweight? RV6 1.5T FK8 Clutch Retro Flywheel 42% lighter than stock. (Actual weight 20.5lbs) We could have gone lighter however the issue with running a flywheel that is too light is that your will trip the misfire detection within ECU and throw an error code never allowing you to pass inspection. Light weight flywheels are also easier to stall and harder to launch. They also make the engine run rough at lower RPMs due to the lack of inertia. The main goal of this setup is to hold power without sacrificing comfort or drivability.
- Made from high strength forged chromoly.
- Run any factory or aftermarket FK8 clutch and pressure plate
- Retains pilot bushing for input shaft.
- 42% lighter than factory flywheel.
- Fully machined and balanced
- All hardware included
- When installing this flywheel, you must pair it with a 1.5T Civic release ("throw-out") bearing. We offer them optional for an additional $35.
- You must use a 1.5T Civic alignment tool. We have one available here. If you're purchasing a Retro Flywheel + Exedy Clutch Kit, they come with the alignment tool needed.
- Mount the pressure plate to the flywheel using FK8 bolts. These are typically included with most clutch kits. All necessary hardware comes with the Retro Flywheel + Exedy Clutch Kit combos.
Exedy Clutch Kit Options
Please note, it is recommended to replace the OEM Release Bearing but not required if your stock one is still in good shape.
Stage 0 - Factory FK8 Clutch feel that holds 400 ft lbs tq
Stage 1 - Factory FK8 Clutch feel that holds 430 ft lbs tq (Rated 344tq with 25% safety factor)
Stage 2 - Upgraded FK8 Clutch with stiffer spring and 3 puck friction disc. Factory feel that holds 460 ft lbs tq (Rated 370TQ with 25% safety factor)
Each Kit Includes: