Amazing, easy to install for even most beginners, and the kit itself is plug and play. I have ran E35 for the last week and the car is like night and day from prior to flex fuel with only stage 1 tsp tune. Make sure your running a decent clutch as stock clutch will not survive!
The install was much easier then I expected, took me a whole of 30 mins, and I'm no mechanic. My only issue is sourcing E85 up in Maine haha. 20k on the kit so far.
- FITS ALL 2016+ 1.5T HONDA CIVIC MODELS INCLUDING SI, NON-SI, 6MT, CVT, RHD, INTERNATIONAL MODELS, ETC
Please Read Before Ordering:
- FLEX-FUEL KITS REQUIRE A DUAL-MAP / FLEX-FUEL TUNE
- FLEX-FUEL TABLES MUST BE ENABLED VIA DESIRED ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- COMPATIBLE WITH BOTH HONDATA & KTUNER
Why Run Ethanol?
Due to rising gas prices and the push for alternative fuel sources, ethanol, derived primarily from corn, has become a common, cost-effective fuel choice. Ethanol has now found its way into most modern gas stations and the community now understands its list of benefits in comparison to gasoline, such as the fact ethanol burns cleaner, cooler and is more resistant to detonation. Because of these characteristics, ethanol is a cheap alternative to expensive race fuels like race gas and/or methanol, especially with high(er) compression factory turbocharged vehicles.
E85 = 85% Ethanol and 15% Gasoline whereas E30 = 30% Ethanol and 70% Gasoline and so-on.
What is Flex Fuel?
In a nutshell, “flex-fuel” allows an internal combustion engine to flexibly utilize one or more different fuels (usually gasoline blended with either ethanol or methanol fuel), and both fuels are stored in the same common fuel tank. Flex-Fuel systems utilize an ethanol content analyzer to determine the amount of ethanol in a fuel system and a converter to send this reading to the vehicle’s ECU to instantaneously adjust for varying fuel mixtures.
Our Plug ‘n Play Flex-Fuel Kit utilizes factory plugs/outputs under the hood for power and communication to the ECU, meaning no need for additional wiring, cutting, splicing or running wires through the firewall into the cabin! This kit supplies everything needed for a quick and easy installation. Please note that our kit does NOT utilize an ethanol content gauge, as we feel that this is unnecessary. Hondata and KTuner V1.2 both offer Bluetooth capabilities, while the KTuner V2 LCD screen can be used to display ethanol content if desired. All components are ethanol compliant!
- KTuner Flex-Fuel Converter
- Genuine GM Continental Ethanol Content Sensor
- Plug 'N Play Braided Wiring Harness
- Stainless Mounting Bracket w/ Billet Tie-Down
- 3/8" to 1/4" EFI Billet Adapter Union
- Gates Barricade High-Pressure Fuel Injection Hose
- 1/4" EFI Quick Connect Fitting (OEM Line Side)
- 3/8" EFI Quick Connect Fitting (PRL Kit Side)
- Stainless Hardware