Paragon 2-piece Rotors (Rear Pair) for Honda Civic Type R FK8/FL5 - Larger Rotor
Paragon Performance 2-piece Rotor offers superior braking and cooling efficiency optimized for track and race applications. Features greater thermal capacity and increased resistance to cracking under harsh track condition.
Made of CM-250 special formulated high carbon alloy cast iron, it allows for an optimal bite, thermal characteristics, high-temperature strength and durability. Rotor rings are heat treated to release stress in the rotor to avoid deformation and vibration then turned by state-of-the-art CBN surface machining to ensure better break-in with new brake pads.
Vibration is reduced as the rotor lateral run-out is kept within 0.03mm and well-balanced: variations are kept within 2 grams. All rotors went through rigorous quality control procedures and inspections to ensure the rotors are fit for their purposes. A slotted rotor improves braking consistency by maintaining a clean contact surface and dissipate heat generated and gases released when the pads come into contact with the rotors. Slotted rotors have a superior advantage over blank rotors in wet or raining conditions by preventing water films to form between the brake pad and rotor surface. Weighing less than most O.E. rotors while maintaining proper thermal capacity, our 2-piece rotors improves overall handling by saving unsprung mass.
Aluminum hats are CNC machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum for high strength and durability under extreme track conditions, then black hard coat/hard anodized to increase resistance to wear and corrosion. Mil-spec Type III anodized hats will not discolor under extreme heat, and are harder and more wear/scratch resistant. Unnecessary materials are taken out from the aluminum hats for maximum weight savings while maintaining proper structural integrity.
*Black hard coat and hard coat anodized hats are the same in terms of performance and durability.
Instead of using adaptors, heavy duty caliper carriers (caliper brackets) are utilized to accommodate the increased disc diameter. The supplied extended caliper carriers share the same design as the OEM ones, and will offer improved structural integrity over adaptors. This ensures the setup to be strong enough for heavy use.
- Direct bolt-on without any modifications and designed to work flawlessly with OEM ABS and brake system. Compatible with OEM or aftermarket brake pads with the same pad depth (D)
- Increases rear rotor diameter by 45mm / 1.77" (14.8%)
- Further increases brake torque over O.E. sized 2-piece rotors due to improved leverage
- 2-piece design
- Minimize chances of brake fade & judder during extended sessions
- Steel caliper carriers to accommodate larger rotor size (350mm vs. stock size 305mm), paint matched with OEM calipers for improved aesthetics
- Weighs 10.3 lbs (4.65 kg) - save 1.5 lbs of unsprung weight per rotor vs. OEM
- Rotor to hat mounting system: Fixed hat, non-floating (8 bolt)
This larger rear rotor kit was designed to fit under certain 18 inch wheels. However, not all 18" wheels are compatible due to variations in wheel design. If your wheels are not listed below, please verify fitment using the fitment template.
Test fit approved wheels:
- OEM FK8 20x8.5 +60
- Volk Racing TE37 Saga 18x10 +40
- Volk Racing TE37 18x10 +41
- Titan 7 T-S5 18x9.5 +45
- Rays Gram Lights 57DR 18x9.5 +38
- Konig Ampliform 18x9.5 +35
- Superspeed RF05RR 18x9.5 +38
- Enkei TS-5 18x9.5 +45
Test fit non-approved wheels:
- Spoon SW388 18x9.5 +40
- Desmond Regamaster EVO II 18x9.5 +45
- Volk Racing CE28SL 18x9.5 +44
Direct replacement of: OEM Honda part # 42510-TGH-A00
- One pair of Paragon Performance 350mm x 11mm (13.78” x 0.43”) 2-piece rotor assemblies with black hard coat/hard anodized 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum hats (assembled and ready to install)
- One pair of paint matched steel caliper carriers
- Detailed installation manual
- 2017-2021 Civic Type R FK8 (10th Gen)
- 2023+ Civic Type R FL5 (11th Gen)