Awesome shift knob. Installed it along with a 2020 Type R shifter assembly and acuity kit. The throws are extremely short now.
Item arrived as described, installed it and feels good on the hand, a little smaller than what I expected but still good.
The shift knob was excellent sadly my FK8 is one of those that came with a double threaded shifter and I couldn't remove the locking nut of my OEM one to install the POCO knob.
Sits low but does shorten the through, paired with the adjustable short shifter from acuity and you can tune it to your liking.
I love the shift knob, it did shorten it enough where you can feel it. But the only personal problem I had was that you had to take off the middle console surrounding the shift knob which isn’t a problem for me. But to do that much work for only a 5% change in throw is in my opinion not worth it... too others on a tighter budget then yes it might be worth it for you. You won’t feel a huge difference but just enough... just save and buy the acuity short shifter kit. To those that never worked on cars. Please use the proper tools if you care about NOT scarring the plastics. If you don’t care then go ahead and send it. If you can’t afford the short shifter kit buy aftermarket bushings and cable and it will feel just as nice. But overall it’s a decent product for a decent price. Only wish the knob was heavier and or bigger.
- Sits lower than most stock and aftermarket knobs, only 3-4mm above the top of the threaded shift lever
- Typically offers 5%-10% less throw than with a stock knob
- Built-in shift boot collar tastefully connects the shift boot to the knob and allows easy removal or adjustment
- Satin anodized finish
- 6061-T6 construction
The Big Deal about the POCO Shift Knob
In recent years, countersunk knobs have become a popular way to achieve shorter shift throws and reduced knob height without modifying the shifter itself. A core problem with most countersunk knobs is that they don't fit well to the shift boot, leaving the shift boot to sag and the shift lever exposed. ACUiTY's POCO knob is the answer with its low height and built-in shift boot collar, the combination of which permits a very low shift knob height combined with a clean fitting shift boot.
What to Expect
The POCO sits low, much lower than most stock and aftermarket knobs. Most knobs sit around 25mm (1 inch) or higher above the top of the actual shift lever. The POCO sits only 3-4mm taller than the top of the shift lever when mounted. The POCO's low profile means shifts will feel shorter and firmer with throws typically 5%-10% shorter than compared to non-countersunk knobs. The POCO is one of the most well-integrated countersunk knobs available with its built-in shift boot collar that easily clips into the knob for that perfect finished appearance.
How it Works
The POCO's boot collar is affixed to the shift boot using a low-profile cable tie (3 are supplied with each kit); the knob threads down on the shift lever until it stops. Once both parts are installed, the shift boot collar clips into the shift knob and installation is complete.
Materials and Finish
Each POCO is turned from 6061-T6 aluminum and receives a tasteful, satin anodized finish. An internal elastomer ring provides the locking feature, just like our very popular 1924 shift boot collars. All lettering is laser-etched for durability.
Confirmed To Fit These Vehicles:
- 2002-2006 Acura RSX (base and type S, all trims with mt)
- 2012-2015 Honda Civic (all trims with mt)
- 2012-2017 Honda Accord (all trims with mt)
- 2016+ Honda Civic (all trims with mt)
- 2018+ Honda Accord (all trims with mt)
- 2002-2005 HONDA Civic (7th Gen, all trims, MT only)
- 2002-2006 HONDA CR-V (2nd Gen, MT only)
- 2003-2007 HONDA Accord (7th Gen, MT only)
- 2003-2011 HONDA Element (MT only)
- 2004-2008 ACURA TSX (1st Gen, MT only)
- 2008-2012 HONDA Accord (8th Gen, K-Series only, MT only)
- 2011-2016 HONDA CRZ (MT only)
- 2009-2014 HONDA Fit (2nd Gen, MT only)
- 2009-2014 ACURA TSX (2nd Gen, MT only)
- 2015-2017 HONDA Civic Type R (9th Gen)
- 2015-2020 HONDA Fit/Jazz (3rd Gen, MT only)
WILL NOT Fit These Vehicles:
- Honda S2000 (all years)
WILL NOT Fit These Vehicles without modification to shifter (two small steel bumps must be filed off the shift lever to clear the collar portion of the POCO):
- 2003-2008 CL7R Accord (all trims with mt)
- 2006-2011 Honda Civic (all trims with mt)