This intake is amazing! The quality of the hardware is great and the install is easy, once you get the bottom portion of the stock intake off. The bottom portion of the stock intake is a nightmare to take off. I managed to take it off from the bottom of the vehicle with the removal or the two brackets that hold the stock one in place.
The performance for the CVT Sedan is great, paired with the TSP Stage 1 Tune. The sound amazing. Give it gas, let off and you got the BOV sound :) I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to get a little more performance & great sound for their 10th gen civic, whether it’s a CVT or manual!
Makes you wanna turn down your music because it sounds so good. Plus you get some gains in HP (RACE MAF will need a tune). Overall amazing product, easy install.. except that one bolt under the car (take off skid plate).
awesome sound on the intake, loud enough not to get bov
First CAI that I have purchased and wow does this really wake the car up. Pair this intake with a Race MAF and the TSP Stage 1 tune and you'll be grinning ear to ear with every drive. Not to mention the awesome sound!
The cobra cold air filter by prl motor sports is truly an incredible work of art! I recommend every civic owner interested in adding performance to their vehicle to purchase this along with a TSP tune to truly make an unbeatable combo
- Compatible with or without Honda Sensing
- For Canadian market Civics, a USDM Windshield Washer Conversion Kit is required.
- Not compatible with Civics sold sold in Spain, Turkey, etc with the factory CVT cooler.
- No tune required for the Street MAF housing
- Race MAF housing requires a tune. Our TSP Stage 1 tune for both the Si and Non-Si is compatible with the Race MAF intake.
There’s a reason our Cobra Cold Air Intake Systems is a constant topic of discussion and so highly regarded. Our CNC machined billet aluminum MAF Housing was designed to provide *factory-spec fuel trims (-4% of factory STFT & LTFT) for optimal drivability and performance. The Cobra CAI utilizes a 4" volume from the air filter into the MAF Housing and is available with two different MAF housing choices; a Street housing and a Race housing. Both housings utilizes the factory MAF sensor, but feature two different diameters and profiles. As mentioned above, the Street housing is designed to provide factory-spec fuel trims WITHOUT any tuning whatsoever. The Race housing allows a 50% larger volume of air in comparison to the Street housing, which is why a tune IS required. This larger volume of airflow reduces pumping loss and creates an unrestricted air path to feed the MAF housing with ambient temperature air.
Customers can switch between MAF housings without having to buy another intake system by purchasing our MAF Housing Conversion Kit.
Customers can convert to a Short Ram Intake with our Short Ram Intake Conversion Kit.
- 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque gains in comparison to stock with Street MAF housing WITHOUT TUNE
- 20 horsepower and 15 ft/lb torque gains in comparison to stock with Race MAF housing WITH Race MAF basemap calibration on Hondata and/or KTuner
- Larger gains to be seen at higher power levels with custom tuning