2018+ Honda Accord 2.0T & 1.5T Intercooler Upgrade
Awesome product and amazing custoner service!
Not in stalled yet will install 8-11 ok then I will review on all parts that’s when I’m scheduled for mechanic
2018+ HONDA ACCORD 1.5T & 2.0T
Please Read Before Ordering:
DOES NOT REQUIRE TUNE
It’s no secret that Honda’s newer turbo platforms are extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 27 x 3.5 x 7.25" 550+ horsepower rated bar-and-plate core. Our intercooler core which increases surface area by 85% and internal flow by 83% to allow optimal cooling and airflow.
This intercooler utilizes factory mounting spots with cast aluminum end tanks as well as all factory air ducts/shrouds. *To maintain consistency with most of our PRL product line, no cutting, fitting or trimming is required. Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
Intercooler Core Information:Kit Includes:
- (1) Intercooler Assembly
- (1) Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- (1) Buna O-Ring
- (1) 304 Stainless Worm Clamp
- Mid-range & top-end power gains
- Major drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
Intercooler to Charge Pipe Bolt(s) Torque Spec:
- 18 ft/lb
If you plan to utilize the provided stencil to represent PRL on your intercooler:
- Clean and make sure your intercooler is dry.
- Place the cardboard stencil onto the front of the intercooler (Make sure the intercooler is not upside down, the PRL logo is on the driver's side end tank).
-I t is recommended to tape down the stencil to have a sharp logo and to avoid moving.
- Mask off or cover the end tanks to avoid overspray.
- Apply a high temp engine enamel style spray paint (we recommend Duplicolor DE1635 Ford SemiGloss Black, any color can be used).
- Multiple coats may be needed to have full coverage, this varies per color.
- Allow to dry 30-60 minutes before installing the intercooler.
-I f any mistakes are made such as runs/overspray acetone or paint thinner can be used to remove any unwanted paint or to remove the stencil entirely, though this will take some time.
- Keep the stencil handy and in a safe spot without bending if you would like to refresh your intercooler after years of road debris blasting it! (Stop blowing holes in my ship!)
Note: Please allow for an additional 1-2 weeks for powdercoated intercoolers to ship.*