Loving the new upgrade, especially during the summer months where it's been reaching triple digits. Bought more than half of my mods from TSP, customer service is awesome, always pleased with the product.
2018+ Honda Accord 2.0T & 1.5T Intercooler Upgrade
Awesome product and amazing custoner service!
Not in stalled yet will install 8-11 ok then I will review on all parts that’s when I’m scheduled for mechanic
2018+ HONDA ACCORD 1.5T & 2.0T
Please Read Before Ordering:
DOES NOT REQUIRE TUNE
It’s no secret that Honda’s newer turbo platforms are extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 27 x 3.5 x 7.25" 550+ horsepower rated bar-and-plate core. Our intercooler core which increases surface area by 85% and internal flow by 83% to allow optimal cooling and airflow.
This intercooler utilizes factory mounting spots with cast aluminum end tanks as well as all factory air ducts/shrouds. *To maintain consistency with most of our PRL product line, no cutting, fitting or trimming is required. Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
Intercooler Core Information:Kit Includes:
- (1) Intercooler Assembly
- (1) Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- (1) Buna O-Ring
- (1) 304 Stainless Worm Clamp
- Mid-range & top-end power gains
- Major drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
Intercooler to Charge Pipe Bolt(s) Torque Spec:
- 18 ft/lb
If you plan to utilize the provided stencil to represent PRL on your intercooler:
- Clean and make sure your intercooler is dry.
- Place the cardboard stencil onto the front of the intercooler (Make sure the intercooler is not upside down, the PRL logo is on the driver's side end tank).
-I t is recommended to tape down the stencil to have a sharp logo and to avoid moving.
- Mask off or cover the end tanks to avoid overspray.
- Apply a high temp engine enamel style spray paint (we recommend Duplicolor DE1635 Ford SemiGloss Black, any color can be used).
- Multiple coats may be needed to have full coverage, this varies per color.
- Allow to dry 30-60 minutes before installing the intercooler.
-I f any mistakes are made such as runs/overspray acetone or paint thinner can be used to remove any unwanted paint or to remove the stencil entirely, though this will take some time.
- Keep the stencil handy and in a safe spot without bending if you would like to refresh your intercooler after years of road debris blasting it! (Stop blowing holes in my ship!)
Note: Please allow for an additional 1-2 weeks for powdercoated intercoolers to ship.*