I bought this back in November of 2019, and damn was it my first best purchase for my car. The sound it makes is amazing and definitely worth it if you don’t want to spend more for the full cai! Love that there’s also a kit to go that route later on!
Most of us get the short ram intake for that woosh noise :). But the option that PRL gives to covert to cold air down the line is very convenient. Most of us in the 10th gen platform are always complaining about heat soak! While this doesn't drastically changes the delta between temps it does do better than the stock intake box. I'm very OCD when it comes to checking the temps on my ktuner. TSP sent the product in a timely manner and everything came as expected :)
Super easy to install, and sounds good. I don’t even listen to the radio no more :)
Came super fast , sounds great
great quality product. slight HP increase. a must for the 10gen civic si.
Great sound and performance once installed puts a smile on your face every time
- NO TUNE REQUIRED FOR STREET MAF HOUSING
- RACE MAF-SPECIFIC TUNE REQUIRED FOR RACE MAF HOUSING
- HONDATA & KTUNER BOTH OFFER RACE MAF BASEMAP CALIBRATIONS
- TWO STEP PERFORMANCE "TSP" TUNE ALSO COMPATIBLE BY SELECTING "RACE MAF" OPTION (NON SI TUNE AVAILABLE)
If we could recommend an intake system for the 1.5L Turbo Civic Platform it would our Cobra Cold Air Intake System. However, for customers that do not wish to run a CAI, our Short Ram Intake System is also an option. Our CNC machined billet aluminum MAF Housing was designed to provide *factory-spec fuel trims (-4% of factory STFT & LTFT) for optimal drivability and performance. This SRI utilizes a 4" air filter and is available with two different MAF housing choices; a Street housing and a Race housing. Both housings utilizes the factory MAF sensor, but feature two different diameters and profiles. As mentioned above, the Street housing is designed to provide factory-spec fuel trims WITHOUT any tuning whatsoever. The Race housing allows a 50% larger volume of air in comparison to the Street housing, which is why a tune IS required. This larger volume of airflow reduces pumping loss and creates an unrestricted air path to feed the MAF housing with ambient temperature air.
Customers can switch between MAF housings without having to buy another intake system by purchasing our MAF Housing Conversion Kit
- 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque gains in comparison to stock with Street MAF housing WITHOUT TUNE
- 20 horsepower and 15 ft/lb torque gains in comparison to stock with Race MAF housing WITH Race MAF basemap calibration on Hondata and/or KTuner
- Larger gains to be seen at higher power levels with custom tuning